Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Home for the Holidays-Ornament



I've been in such a creative mood lately. I think it's mainly because I love making Christmas Cards and also because Close to my Heart Has so many fabulous Christmas stamps in their catalog this year. 

This stamp set is actually the October Stamp of the Month called Home for the Holidays. This card is the first of three cards my Hostess Club will be making this month.

The paper used is from the Yuletide Carol Paper Pack. The background was dry embossed. 

The Merry Christmas is from one of the stamp sets that come with the NEW Close to my Heart exclusive Cricut Cartridge, Artfully Sent. The bow was make form the Topiary Mini Chevron Ribbon.
And, of course, what's a Christmas Card without Glitter!!!

The inspiration for this card started with a sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. I chose not to cut off the left side of the oval because it is a card that my club will be making and I wanted to simplify the making of the card. 
Other Challenges for this card:
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Embellish It!
Country View Challenges - Sparkle and Shine
Crafty Hazelnut - Christmas Anything Goes
Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage - Ribbon, Glitter, Tags, Brads
Mema's Crafts - Ribbon, Bling, Dry Emboss, Glitter, Stamped

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your card, scary it's nearly Chirstmas. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Craft Cottage.

Mema's Crafts said...

Lovely card and I love the colors. Need to think about Christmas already! Thanks for taking time to stop by and play with us at Mema's Crafts. Good luck and visit often..we love the company.

Doreen said...

This is just beautiful,thanks for sharing with us at Country View.xxx

Kathleen said...

Wowzer!! What a beautiful card!!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for CCAYR October challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - and thanks for entering this for my CHNC challenge extra for October x

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love all the wonderful details. Thank you for playing along with Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Joyce Ann said...

Great interpretation of the sketch. I love it! Thank you for joining us at Mema's Crafts; good luck in the challenge.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card! I love it all but especially the embossing!!
Thanks so much for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Just gorgeous! I love the perfect amount of sparkle - and that crisp embossing! I'm so glad you came to play at TMS - your card will be featured on our Facebook page today: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches/165327566909261?ref=hl

Kathleen said...

Seriously, does it get any more GORGEOUS than this? :-)

creative lady said...

Beautiful card, love all the elements and I love the colors. Thanks for joining Mema's Crafts!